Farida released her new single “What’s It Gonna Take” 30th of April 2021, and the single was produced and co-written by Farida and UNDR. Being featured on Billboard Magazine, NYLON mag, The FADER and MTV Farida is a hardworking independent artist with over 4 million streams on Spotify.
She’s opened for Dua Lipa, played SXSW. She’s spent a lot of time polishing her sound and unique style to able to present the full package she’s always wanted. In 2020 alone she was listed on national Norwegian Radio 5 times in one year and made a name for herself after appearing on several blogs and Spotify playlists.
2021 is set out to be as good as 2020 with more new music in the alternative rock/pop soundscape. Farida has embraced her image and vision in a way it can’t be unseen, and the journey ahead is as exciting as the music she has in store.
– A series of impeccably stylish releases have matched gorgeous melodies to probing lyrics, continually questioning both herself and the world around her. – «Foreplay» Track of the day, Clash Magazine
– Reminiscent of a slightly softer take on Kelela’s debut album or even a crispier Tinashe, it’s blessed with a stunning chorus and that assured, concise delivery – «You» Track of the day, Clash Magazine
– Farida needs no plus-ones on her smooth new cut «Solo Ride» – Billboard (premiere)
– The 25-year old has been making a name for herself as a new maestro of R&B genre blending, seamlessly combining together elements of soft pop, soul, and darkly woven hip-hop. – NYLON MAG
– “I genuinely believe there is no other song like this new one from Norwegian talent Farida out there right now.” – Alfitude