This website is owned and operated by, or on behalf of, Culture Technology Group Asia Europe AB, doing business as EKKO Music Rights Europe (“EKKO EU”, “we” or “us”). We are registered in Sweden under company registration number 559084-9963 and our registered office is located at Ölandsgatan 53, 116 63 Stockholm. Our VAT registration number is SE559084996301.
EKKO EU’s processing of your personal data takes place in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016) (“GDPR”). This means, among other things, that EKKO EU does not process your personal data to a greater extent than is necessary based on the purposes that fall within our business, or for purposes other than those stated below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in our application form on the website. This includes basic contact information such as your title/role, name, email address, password and additional information that you may specify such as personal marketing preferences;
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access;
- technical information from your computer or mobile device;
- information you supply if you report a problem with the website to us; and
- records of any correspondence if you contact us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use any information about you:
- to enable you to have full access to the website;
- to contact you when you have requested us to do so, including where required to respond to any reported problems concerning the website;
- to produce anonymous reports, statistics and analysis of the types of users who access the website;
- to create your EKKO EU account and identify you when you sign-in to your account in accordance with your agreement with us;
- for marketing purposes (see Marketing section below). This is based on your communication preferences;
- for re-targeting advertising;
- to contact you for your opinions on the website;
- to administer and, for our legitimate interests, to improve the website.
This Site is not directed toward children (as defined by local law) nor does EKKO EU knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law).
Security and data retention
We take reasonable steps, including physical, technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted to us and any transmission is at your own risk.
Your personal information will be retained by EKKO EU for a period of time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate operations, our terms of agreement (if any) with you and in accordance with applicable legal obligations. This may include retention necessary to meet our tax reporting requirements as well as time required to enforce the relevant terms of agreement or to identify, issue or resolve legal proceedings.
We may retain a record of you stated objection to the processing of your data, including in respect of an objection to receiving marketing communications, for the sole legitimate purpose of ensuring that we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further, during the term of your objection.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have options and choices over how we use your personal information. You may have the right under applicable laws to ask for details of the personal information we hold about you, or to amend, limit or delete your personal information. You may also have the right to object to further processing under certain circumstances.
We also respect the rights you may have under applicable laws to receive that information in a commonly used electronic format (or ask for this information to be provided in that format to a third party where feasible).
- By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By writing to us, for the attention of our staff at:
Culture Technology Group Asia Europe AB, c/o Hestra Advokatbyrå, Box 70355, 107 24 Stockholm, Sweden
Please note that we may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
USERS FROM THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We may transfer your personal information to one or more countries outside Sweden and the European Economic Area (EEA), where we or our service providers maintain operations. You understand that if your personal information is disclosed to third parties outside the EEA those parties may be based in territories that may not have equivalent data protection laws and may not be subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission (EC). We will attempt to ensure that your data is held safely in such circumstances.
The servers used to process your personal information collected from this website are in the UK, however we collect data from wherever users are situated. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located.
Where we transfer personal information we will seek to take account of any applicable statutory obligations relevant to personal information transfers. In the case of transfers out of the EEA, we will, in the absence of an EC adequacy decision relevant to the destination country, seek to rely on appropriate safeguards such as a valid Privacy Shield certified US recipient or enter into appropriate EC approved standard contractual clauses (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm).
If you are unhappy with a response you receive from us, you can refer the matter to your data protection supervisory authority: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. When you visit our website, our web server sends a cookie to your device which allows us to recognise your device.